Auto Club Dragway AUXILIARY PIT VEHICLE OPERATING RULES
- Pit vehicle are: 2, 3 or 4 wheels, gas or electric powered.
- Pedestrians have the right-of-way. Be observant and courteous at all times.
- The maximum speed limit is 15 mph or lower where posted.
- Must be at least 16 years old and have a valid state driver’s license, may be asked to show proof of state driver license.
- Never operate any vehicle while impaired by alcohol, drugs, medication or injury.
- Never transport passengers whose judgment may be impaired.
- Obey traffic signage, directions, signals and instructions by officials, security and/or law enforcement officials.
- Each passenger must have an OEM seat and remain seated while vehicle is moving.
- No passenger overloading. No passengers sitting in a backwards position on the front cowling, riding on front dashes of golf carts or on ATV handlebars.
- Never operate any vehicle without proper authorization, at excessive speed, recklessly or without due consideration to pedestrians.
- Pit vehicles operated after dusk/sunset must have a working headlight. Taillights may also be required on an individual basis depending upon vehicle design.
- Auxiliary Pit Vehicles cannot leave the pit area or the spectator parking area.
- All vehicles must be operated according to manufacturer and applicable industry specifications regarding seating capacity and operating controls. It is the owner’s and operator’s responsibility to be familiar with such specifications.
- Owners and Operators specifically ASSUME ALL RISKS of any type regarding the operation of any auxiliary pit vehicle.
These rules are for your safety and the safety of others.
Report all incidents/crashes involving the vehicle to Security and/or law enforcement officials. REPORT CRASHES/INCIDENTS REQUIRING MEDICAL ATTENTION TO SECURITY IMMEDIATELY.
AT 11:00PM ALL AUXILIARY PIT VEHICLES WILL BE PARKED. THE ONLY VEHICLES THAT CAN BE DRIVEN MUST BE CURRENTLY REGISTERED STREET CARS. Security will give ONE warning. Any violations after that will result in the offenders being asked to leave the property.
“Please obey the above rules and not ruin it for others”
Auto Club Dragway Manager